शुक्रवार, 24 अगस्त 2012

Mr & Mrs Iyer, `by` Miss Iyer

Here's presenting what our daughter Diksha might be thinking of us

I am just about 14 years old, and do understand the importance of protocol. So let me start with my Mom.

She I think is cute and simple, but married to a crazy........you know whom. Right from my younger days (I mean childhood days, I am young now!), she has encouraged and piloted me to various activities outside of school, be it skating, dancing, or, ah......well I suppose these two primarily. And like every other Mom, been after my life to complete my homework and studies on time. Eureka! I have discovered all Moms act alike.

What are the things I like about her? Well.....she is very caring, loves her family – I mean not just me and Dad, but her mother, brother, cousins. She is very artistic, wow! she actually draws amazingly well. And she cooks yummy.

And what is that I don't like about her? The same things actually that Moms take a lot of pride in – telling their children what is good and what is bad, why I should not keep things wherever I want, why I should take care of my hair and health, and how I don't fully appreciate what my parents do for me, etc, etc, etc – instructions, instructions, instructions. It is in these moments that I miss a sibling; at least the instructions can be shared. Actually, she is right, but why should I understand anyway? I am too young, you see!

And here's about my Dad. He's a cool dude actually, but somehow can't fathom why he thinks he is some kind of a person always in demand. He behaves as if he is getting younger every year. But can't he see I am growing older? There is just one word to describe him – crazy. These days, he is on cloud nine, because I stood second in an essay competition in school – no, no, it's not pride in his daughter's talent and all that. That's because the title of the essay was, Father – My Role Model. But I gave him the breaking news anyway, that I did not choose the topic, it was given to us. Guess his expression?

But he has this amazing capacity to keep himself and all of us excited. My Mom is so unlike him, and that's why I think they complete each other. He sings Bollywood songs as if he is the successor to all the legendary Hindi film singers. He is embarrassingly loud in his conversations sometimes – actually most of the times – my Mom rightly reminds him that our house is not a training room and the mobile is not a microphone. He often stares at the mirror as if he is the only true master creation of God. Actually, I carry the same habit and attitude.

Interesting characters I have inherited as Mom and Dad. My Mom is a typical housewife, concerned with the way the house is, whereas my Dad is concerned with the way the world is. I don't mind that as longs he gets enough money home for my regular Mc D burgers, movies, and outings. My father is an intellectual – at least he thinks he is one – and regularly stacks his library with new books, which I can't relate to, not at this stage of my life at least. Life right now is too cool to be serious; it's LoL (lots of laughter).

Well, what about me? What kind of person am I? That Dad will anyway cover someday in his blog! So keep reading.

PS: Before I sign off, I love my Mom and Dad, and they love me too.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें