शनिवार, 10 दिसंबर 2011

Heart Of The Author


Heart of The Author
(Text Of My Speech At launch Of My First Book `The 20 20 20 20 Formula For Success`)

Welcome And Context Speech For Book Launch: June 19, 2011
Prelude: As a professional public speaker, I have been trained never to read a speech. However, on this historic day and moment in our life, I do not want to miss out on anything which is of significance and anything that would set up this time and space for posterity. So here I go,  breaking all rules.

Respected Dr Asghar Ali Engineer, Respected Dr TVK Satyanarayana, Wisdom Personified Dr Hemjith, Dear friend, Hard–To-Convince publisher Shamshad Ali Baig, My Krishna – The Charioteer Samee, Ladies And Gentlemen

Good Evening. The depth of emotions I am experiencing right now cannot be expressed in words. But your presence today is reflective of the warmth and affection you have for us. Please accept our deepest gratitude and thanks.

I first met Samee at this very place on February 13 this year. Little did I know on that day that within four months we would be authoring a book together. Some associations transcend time, space and logic. If I may use an analogy from the Mahabharata, I am Arjuna and he is Krishna. But the significant difference is unlike Arjuna I wanted to fight and unlike Krishna he did not have to give a sermon in the middle of the battlefield. We simply plunged into battle. My heartfelt thanks to him for just being there and epitomizing the ultimate principle in the book  `Be A Giver.

My deepest gratitude to Dr Asghar Ali Engineer, under whose aegis I started my career way back in 1994. He is one of the very few people in this world who are driven by a very strong sense of purpose. He is an intellectual giant. I used to watch him write for hours together tirelessly and fearlessly. The seeds of inspiration to write were sown, and today life comes a full circle. Dr Engineer is here with us to release my first book. I am indebted to him forever for blessing this day and moment with his august presence.
I bow in reverence to Dr TVK Satyanarayana for creating a platform like The Centre For Universal Consciousness, which provides aspiring transformationists like me an opportunity to reach out to common people and  help people lead a life of greater meaning and quality. Dr TVK is not just an extraordinary human being, he is a Tapasvi. His energy and meditative capacity can humble the best of youthful spirituality. He has blessed this book and I can feel it.

Dr Hemjith Balakrishnan is an artist in prose, an artist in living and an assortment of what is an ideal human being – knowledgeable, professional, spiritual, loving, kind and forgiving. What he has brought to the book is priceless and ethereal. Without his poetic introduction, this book would have been incomplete and incongruent.

What do I say about our publisher Shamshad Ali Baig? Just the fact that she agreed to publish our book under the banner of Prasaar Communications shows she was eventually convinced about our intent and content. If this book was a movie, she is the producer and I am extremely thankful to her for her priceless suggestions.   

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is not just a book, we hope to make this a legacy. Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra says: “The pen is the tongue of the mind.” However, we are not writers, we are mere mediums chosen to share timeless wisdom through the channel of writing. He, the God, is truly the Doer, we are just instruments at the hands of destiny which has a script and a plan for every single human being on this planet. 

It is only 40 pages, but it has taken over 20 years to write the 25 life changing principles for health, healing and happiness. Readers may not be able to absorb the full magic of the principles in just one reading. So in that sense this is much more than just 40 pages. The book is written with the intent of creating a text book on living. It is a reference guide on how to lead one’s life using the 25 principles as an anchor. Each principle is a complete idea in itself. Practice of even one of these principles will help you lead a more meaningful existence. Then what to say of the person who is able to master the 25 principles? That process could surely be a life long quest.

I would now like to share the genesis of this book. One day, Samee and I were discussing how to provide  holistic wisdom to people keeping Reiki as a base and thus was born the Triple H – Health, Healing and Happiness – workshop . We simply languaged what forms the core of the Reiki energy and philosophy. As we started conducting the workshop, we felt we needed a book that will provide a context for the workshop. The Triple H Workshop is much more in substance than what is given in this book. What is contained in the book is just 1/4th of what we teach in the Triple H Workshop.

We invite all of you to purchase the book, or if I may add purchase multiple copies, so that we together can spread the word about the knowledge encapsulated in the 40 pages. We urge you to participate in  the process of helping people lead a life of higher purpose.
We also urge you to experience the Triple H Workshop, a transformational program designed to help all participants know themselves better.

Friends I welcome you all to this wonderful event. We feel totally blessed by your presence. May your life be a guiding post for millions. I would like to end my speech with a few lines in Hindi:
Zindagi Mein Sada Muskurate Raho Muskurana Zindagi Ki Jarurat Hai Zindagi Jiyo Is Andaz Mein Ki Tumhe Dekhkar Lage Zindagi Kitni Khoobsurat Hai !!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Thank You Very Much.

   
                                                                    
   
 

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें